VectorVMS is hiring! We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our team as an Automation Engineer while based at our office in Raleigh, NC.
You will be responsible for developing solutions as your work is integrated into a world-class product and services that we sell to clients. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills and has a history of solving software engineering problems; they are expected to be proactive, organized, passionate, self-motivated, and able to make an immediate impact on our software development efforts.
We expect to provide the necessary training and opportunity for career growth, as well as the opportunity to be part of a tight-knit Software Engineering team!
What will you be doing?
- Write automated tests which consistently prove that our software works as-expected.
- Design, develop, test, and document contributions to our VectorVMS software product through functional enhancements, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
- Establish a new mobile application testing framework that supports Angular 8.
- Maintain and enhance an existing Java based automation framework or if deemed beneficial, establish a new one in C#.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Present, learn, and apply new technologies when necessary.
- Take on additional tasks, as needed.
We expect you to have at least 2 years of professional experience in software engineering, software development, application development, and/or software quality assurance (SWQA).
We would like (but don’t require) you to have:
- Completed coursework in Computer Science; Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong experience working with Java or C# programming.
- Experience working with Selenium browser automation.
- Exposure to mobile application testing.
- Exposure to accessibility testing using manual or automated testing techniques.
- Experience working with other test frameworks/tools (e.g. Protractor, Node.js, Katalon Studio, etc.)
- Experience conducting API testing is a plus.
- Exposure to Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), ideally with Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Understanding of version control and release management tools such as Github.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Experience with full Software Development Life-Cycle projects – exposure to Agile and/or Scrum methodology is a plus!
In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our health benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans as well as short-term and long-term disability and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
About the company:
VectorVMS, a former division of PeopleFluent, delivers software and services to help businesses optimize their contingent workforce programs.
We work closely with clients and partners—drawing on 20 years of experience to combine the right people, process, and technology to design and implement best-fit vendor management solutions.
With our VMS, HR and procurement teams can control costs, maintain compliance, and drive quality and efficiency throughout the contingent labor lifecycle.
VectorVMS delivery models are the most flexible in the industry. We empower clients to manage strategic sourcing in-house or through one of our many trusted managed service providers (MSPs). And we augment client resources with a team of experienced program managers who provide operational support, white-glove service, and advice on industry best practices.
A part of Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG), VectorVMS also powers a total talent ecosystem that gives clients a holistic view of their contingent and full-time workforce.
For more, visit vectorvms.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.